How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your TV, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.