How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate properly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not best.