How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to understand. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.