How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to understand. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.