How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly really simple to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.