How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not function effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly very easy to understand. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.